Learn more about using Bi-Tapp in a clinical setting
Bi-Tapp, a patented product, is being utilized by mental health therapists for both in-person and Teletherapy sessions. In addition, Bi-Tapp is being used as a calming resource for people of all ages.
It has already been well established that not everyone can do eye movement bilateral stimulation (BLS) when engaging in EMDR therapy and alternatives had to be found. There are also simply times when the switch to bilateral tapping is needed to continue the reprocessing.
We have created a product that closely replicates manual tapping (bilateral tapping), such as when you tap back and forth on your thighs in an alternating pattern with your hands.
To learn more about this comprehensive, evidence based psychotherapy, visit emdria.org
Once you have the tappers, click on this link for full instructions on setting up the remotEMDR/Bi-Tapp integration on your device.
Why are providers choosing Bi-Tapp?
- Tappers are Bluetooth: best product on the market
- You get to customize the rate of speed and the rate of intensity, no pre-set settings
- Great product design: the tappers fit comfortably in your hands
- Battery life is easily over 48 hours per charge
Personally & Professionally I have seen the positive impact of using Bi-Tapps! I wear them on the way home from work & find I am more centered & relaxed & not thinking as much about the day behind me.
I have also noticed how they help me sustain concentration! I have seen their benefits in reducing anxiety, improving sleep patterns & increasing the ability to manage pain. It is truly remarkable to just be able to put them on & let the gentle pulsing help the nervous system to reset. I take them everywhere I go!
– Dr. Sara Gilman, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist for 35 years, a former FireFighter & active athlete, she is passionate about bringing hope & healing to her clients, and empowering her team of EMDR Clinicians at Coherence Associates, to thrive in the work they do.
I primarily use tapping on my clients as the means of providing bilateral stimulation. I like the freedom it gives my clients to physically move as they need to, and it enables them to have their eyes open or closed during processing.
I prefer Bi-Tapp pulsers for offering bilateral stimulation for clients who do not want to be personally tapped, and for remote sessions. I find the Bi-Tapp pulsers to be the most natural feeling and non-intrusive alternatives for bilateral stimulation. I have clients either put them under their legs, in their socks, they can hold them, or wear them with wristbands.
People I’ve referred to bi-tapp.com have reported the company was easy to work with, and responsive to needs and questions. I highly recommend this product, and regularly refer therapists in the somatic EMDR trainings I offer.
– Craig Penner, MFT, has been practicing since 1982, and specializes in experiential, process-oriented somatic therapy, blended with EMDR. He has conducted his Natural Processing Trainings across the country and in Canada since 2014.
A Calming Resource
Is bilateral stimulation safe as a stand alone resource?
The short answer is “yes”.
Mark Grant, MA is a clinical psychologist, research, author and EMDR consultant. He served as the chairperson of the EMDR Association of Australia from 2000-2008. His research and the Apps he has developed focus on bilateral tones. Mark has been teaching since the 1990’s that bilateral tones are a safe, effective resource for the majority of people. His website is overcomingpain.com. He shares how bilateral tones reduce anxiety, reduce chronic pain and improves sleep. Bilateral tapping simply gives you another option to achieve these same results.
Order a pair of Bi-Tapp tappers today!